The department is responsible for the training of the technicians and for the Oil/Gas and allied industries. The department consist of three units specialized in the following:
- Petroleum refining
- Gas processing technology
- Petrochemical/ Polymer technology.
The department offers programmes at both National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma(HND) levels in Petroleum and Gas Processing Engineering Technology.
The programmes are designed to produce Technicians and Technologists who should be able to carry out basic functions in
- Production and Processing of Crude Oil and Gas.
- Refining and analysis of Oil & Gas/ Products
- Transportation and Distribution of Petroleum Product
- Chemicals/Petrochemicals production
On completion of the programs, the graduate should be able to:
- Produce and interpret process and instrument diagrams (P&ID)
- Undertake quality control test of Crude Oil& Gas products
- Design pipeline distribution networks and supervise products distribution activities
- Work as external plan and control room operations